Educational programs to develop I.T. skills
Empowerment is a process that challenges our assumptions about the way things are and can be. It challenges our basic assumptions about power, helping, achieving, and succeeding. At the core of the concept of empowerment is the idea of power. The possibility of empowerment depends on two things.
First, empowerment requires that power can change. If power cannot change, if it is inherent in positions or people, then empowerment is not possible, nor is empowerment conceivable in any meaningful way. In other words, if power can change, then empowerment is possible.
Second, the concept of empowerment depends upon the idea that power can expand. But whose power expands or changes? The answer is simple: individual. Individual is the primary agent and fundamental recipient of empowerment support in a society. Social or community change is inconceivable without understanding the importance and role of individuals as an agent of change.
Our organization approaches the empowerment process through mobilizing community resources, Public private sector partnerships, and providing access to key IT skills, equipment and job experiences to create a self-efficacy in orphans throughout the third-world countries, Our aim is to optimize the children and youth in the pursuit of their educational, career and personal goals by enabling them to:
- Define meaningful goals and objectives in their lives
- Be action-oriented to achieve these goals
- Reflect and analyze the impact of their actions in relation to their goals.
Mobilization of community resources requires collaborative effort with active participation of the community, tech businesses and other like-minded community organizations. This process operates at both the individual level and the organizational level. We will adopt this model for our organization and help youth adopt it for themselves.
Keeping our general goal in view, we have set the following objectives for our organization:
- To set up a computer lab with computers, printers, and other peripherals for deserving orphan children and youth.
- To offer educational programs to help these children and youth develop I.T. skills and knowledge
- To promote eco-friendly sustainable power solutions by offering solar energy equipment to power this IT equipment.
- To enable the poor and orphan population in these countries and regions by giving them opportunities to pursue careers and livelihood in IT related sectors.
- To offer special training, development and career development programs for female population including orphan female children, youth and women.
- To channel financial resources from grants, donations and other funding sources to support our activities as a nonprofit organization compliant with IRS regulations
- To collaborate and partner with local and national community organizations and tech businesses to increase the visibility of our programs and mobilize financial and infrastructure resources.